Our client is a sizable retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 38 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Manager Cards Accounting, Reporting and Control.
- Support Senior Cards & Personal Lending Performance Manager to oversee on the planning and monitoring of cards and personal lending’s Profit & Loss (P&L) including AOP process and performance of cards acquisition, spend, rewards, loans-on-cards and other non-mortgage personal loans
- Keep track of business performance and product profitability, and contribute to the formulation of business strategies
- Manage the overall risk profile for cards and personal lending business such as operational loss, fraud and operations quality in accordance to the relevant GSM/FIM/BIM, Risk Control Assessment (RCA) process and SOX process
- Act as coordinator for department record management
- Manage the team to prepare complex banking returns, accounting entries, monthly accrual and financial reporting
- Support the team on the transition of new operating procedures
- Assist in customer segmentation and analysis related to cards and personal lending to facilitate the planning and implementation of strategic initiatives for short-term P&L gains and long-term sustainable growth
- Ascertain that HSBC product processes and systems are industry-leading, compliant to internal and regulatory standards, competitive, efficient and cost-effective
- University degree holder in accounting, finance, business administration or relevant disciplines
- Must speak fluent Cantonese and good English
- Certified Public Accountants will be a plus but not necessary
- Experience in managing product P&L in particular retail and cards/loans business
- Good understanding of various reporting requirements and accounting standards
- Strong understanding across different business units in Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Strong knowledge in compliances and regulatory requirements
- Excellent time management, problem-solving skills, communication skills, analytical skills with critical thinking
All information received will be used for recruitment purposes.